Who did you go with? Katie Meade, Alex Williamson, Chris Fowler, Matt Whitehead, Joe Parry, Steve (Tesco), Dan (Steve’s friend), Lauz Hope
How Did You Get There? Train from Gloucester to Lichfield. Shuttle Bus from Lichfield to Bloodstock.
Where Did You Camp? Camp A (New in 2009)
Best Band: Blind Guardian
Worst Band: Million Dollar Reload
- The weather
- The feeling of being back after 2008
- Wearing my Finnish flag as a cape all weekend.
- The invention of the greatest game ever: Horsey Horsey.
- Taking a camera and filming a few things and taking a few pictures.
- Zoom in!
- Getting drunk from Horsey Horsey
- Catching Insomnium’s drumstick.
- Meeting HollytheHeadbanger from the forums whilst I was buying a Finntroll t-shirt.
- Seeing her be chosen to join Die Apokalyptischen Reiter onstage for Seemann and then she sailed out into the crowd on a dinghy.
- Our horse’s head being used as a beacon.
- Jumping for DAR so much I got a stitch.
- The DAR gimp with the whip and a swing.
- Katatonia played Murder!!!
- Watching Municipal Waste achieve a world record for most crowdsurfers in 2 minutes from a distance.
- Not liking Sodom or Saxon so we head back to camp to play Horsey Horsey some more and got drunk.
- Being drunk whilst watching Arch Enemy.
- Carcass’ fireworks (were they intentional or not??)
- Meeting Kate Neil and Alissa Forzley from Canada
- Meeting David Asqvarth and the Michael Akerfeldt guy
- The big bearded dude sitting on the bread creating an imprint of his arse.
- Meeting Celesty’s guitarist through the medium of my Finnish flag cape and him giving me a Celesty pick and signing my cape.
- Watching Celesty on the Jager stage.
- Kate getting a free shirt.
- Singing along to The Bard’s Song and Valhalla with Blind Guardian.
- Doing that long jig thing in a line with your arm round other randomers.
- Cradle of Filth - Dani’s vocals were awesome compared to previous shows.
- Winning Cradle of Filth’s setlist through a game of rock, paper, scissors.
- Sabaton’s singer’s ripped trousers.
- Turisas’ final show with fur.
- Satyricon’s amazing stage presence.
- The pissed off Cheesey Wheels guy.
- Breaking the Horsey Horsey pole when drunk.
- People didn’t seem as keen to watch bands and stay up and party as much as 2008 so I had to hang out with Kate, Alissa, David etc instead.
- Apocalyptica’s disappointing Metallica covers set.
- Joe and Katie didnt like Katatonia so some bitch had a go at them for standing still and chatting.
- My photos of Arch Enemy I attempted to take whilst drunk.
- Parting ways with the Canadians come the end.
- My horrendous stomach pains during Amon Amarth essentially missing their set.
- Pretending to have had sex in Matt Whitehead’s sleeping bag.
- Alex strutting about in his underwear at night.
- Attempting to watch some of Europe’s set.